Canadian guitarist Tim Beattie brings genre-defying programming to stages around the world, “moving between textures and moods with ease ... Beattie’s guitar dazzles.” (Laura Stanley, MusicWorks Magazine)
Currently a member of The Rebanks Family Fellowship and International Performance Residency Program at the Royal Conservatory of Music in Toronto, Beattie is active as a performer, collaborator, educator, and recording artist.
Beattie’s performance career has taken him to stages across North America and Europe, with appearances at the Bath Festival, Cleveland International Guitar Festival, GuitarFest West (Calgary), Het Concertgebouw Amsterdam (Spiegelzaal), Lammermuir Festival, Muziekgebouw Amsterdam, Perth Summer Festival, Théâtre du Vaudeville (Brussels), 2021 UN Climate Conference (Glasgow), Mazzoleni Concert Hall (Toronto), among many others. Beattie has appeared on radio and television broadcasts for NPR (Podium Klassiek), Concertzender Actueel, and BBC Radio Scotland.
A laureate of the Brussels International Guitar Competition, Tim is the recipient of numerous grants and awards from the Amsterdam University of the Arts, Cleveland Institute of Music, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Royal Overseas League, Sylva Gelber Foundation, Tillett Trust, Worshipful Company of Musicians; and top prizes at the international guitar competitions in Antwerp, Brussels, Calgary, Hamilton and Uppsala.
Active as a chamber musician, Beattie is a founding member of Duo Beattie-Go, Quartet Malamatina, and the North American Guitar Trio. As an educator, he has taught at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and St. Andrews University.
Tim proudly plays guitars built by Canadian luthiers Martin Blackwell & Mark Usherovich, with Royal Classics Strings and a GuitarLift support.
Cancellation of Program by the Library
· Registrants will be notified of a cancelled program as early as possible.
· All fees paid will be refunded.
Cancellation of Registration by the Registrant
· Registrants will notify the Library immediately if they are unable to attend.
· Cancellations received less than one week before the program date will not receive a refund.
· Registrants who miss or forget a program will not receive a refund.
· The Library is a public space. Attendance at Library programs and events constitutes consent to be photographed for County of Brant Public Library publicity purposes.
· Names of individuals will be used in photograph captions only with express written consent on a Photo Permission Form.